viernes, 10 de julio de 2009

Turn it on.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A few seasons ago, everyone went crazy over that Luella collection we'll all remember. Yes, i'm talking about their Spring 2008 collection. From Forever 21 knock-off skirts, to the comeback of Doc Martens, to the floral details that started to appear almost everywhere. Me, being the late trend-follower that i am, and living in a place where trends get even later, took a little longer to jump on the bandwagon. But of course that when i saw this skirt displayed in a local store's window (back in December 08), i had to have it. It was the closest i could get to recreate said collection's look.


----------


I got tagged by Lacy's Mess (thank you!) a few days ago, so here it goes:


10 (random) things about myself:


I haven't really developed the reader side of me. The only books i've read are the ones they gave me in high

school; i get distracted easily. Not something i'm proud of.

Trash tv is my favorite. Reality shows, contest shows, make-over shows... you name it, i'll watch it.

I've developed an addiction to sweets over the past few years. Once i finish a meal, i instantly start craving

something sweet.

I can't wait to get married to Pat and start out life together. Yeah, i know, super cheesy confession.

I'm the youngest and only girl of four children.

Some days sleeping until noon makes me happy.

Even though breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, i hardly ever have more than a coffee/tea or something to

drink every morning.

Right now i'm listening to Franz Ferdinand, but i'm not always that cool.

I'm positive i'll live in another country at some point in my life and for a certain amount of time.

Every time i do one of these things, i think to myself 'yeah, i'm gonna write some really cool things' and end up with nothing

really interesting to say. Bummer.


I'm suppossed to tag ten blogs, but i thought it'd be a lot more fun if i could encourage all of you to do this ;)


PS. It takes me a while to get back to your comments because for some weird reason my internet connection breaks every time

visit a blogger webpage.


Forever 21 coat; Forever 21 long-sleeve tee; Ona Saez skirt; vintage belt; vintage boots.

45 comentarios:

evelyn dijo...

i love franz ferdinand! i saw them once in concert :D
and reading is cool! i love to read and u should definitely read more often ^_^

HoneyBunny dijo...

You look so lovely! This is an amazing look and I loove that skirt with the belt you've chosen<3

jane st. clair dijo...

i love this outfit. v. cool on you.

Cheryl dijo...

Beautiful outfit! Girly and casual at the same time. :)

http://cereza72.wordpress.com/

VanessasRunway dijo...

cute outfit. Very girlie. :)

& hey I love Trash TV. It's perfect after a loooong day! Take out & crazy TV shows are a good end to any night sometimes!

Ale. dijo...

You've got to love F21's knockoffs! Really cute skirt & the colour of the cardi is pretty!

I always end up watching trash tv too! It's nice to watch stuff that doesn't make you think too much every now and then!

xx

Anónimo dijo...

¿El bolso de qué marca es? Me encanta. ¡Necesitamos un Forever 21 urgentemente!

Beauty Standard Blog dijo...

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo. Un Forever 21 acá, sería genial! El bolso es un regalo de esos que te hacen en ciertas perfumerías cuando comprás cosas...

Jen dijo...

Oh I love it, especially the skirt :D

Jessica dijo...

i really really love the outfit :)

Damsels dijo...

regardless of trends . this is a great look .i love floral skirt s and the boots .
tihs is still something trendy . i say trends last at least two seasons. but they do comeback for round two the following year .
imean just look how long these gladiators have lasted . 2 years counting this summer

Unknown dijo...

i love the skirt! and the BAG! you got that rock and roll thing. i love it!

Lesley dijo...

I love everything about the outfit!!! And AWW about the marriage confession!!! Adorable! I'm so happy for you! :-)

Madeleine dijo...

love the look.
your hair is so beautiful.
greetings

Brown and Cappuccino dijo...

I love see you with power colors :) i like this skirt and cardigan... :)

kiss from Portugal***

márcia*

TRIGG dijo...

arrrgg that skirt is sooo cute!!

love this look.

ELLEN dijo...

ahh the belt just makes this outfit, great choice
looking lovely as alwaysX

Unknown dijo...

You grew up with three brothers? O lord and I thought just one was enough ;) I don't think I've ever seen you in a print, let alone floral! Looks gorgeous.

moded'amour dijo...

i love your bag and belt!

Syed dijo...

I am loving your skirt! And those boots are so beautiful :) Ooh, I'm the youngest of four too, although I have two brothers and one sister.

stephanie dijo...

such a cute outfit! i love this post- youre so adorable, lady! i miss you!!


xx

Femstar2000 dijo...

I love that long sleeve cardigan, and that skirt is adorable ♥

a reflecting girl dijo...

cute!
for me it's the same about breakfast. in the end i always just drink a big cup of coffee.

Anónimo dijo...

I already told you how much i love this outfit...i wish i had it in my closet :(

I love trash TV. I've been really into the real housewives lately, I TVO every episode. Its such a waste, but i can't get enough....and I've always thought that reading was over rated.

Zara dijo...

haha, I was pretty late jumping on that floral skirt bandwagon too, although I did buy a pair of patent white DMs pretty early on. Love this look on you, its the perfect mix of girly and tough xoxo

cindy dijo...

!!!
you are beautiful, and your outfit looks lovely.

Jess dijo...

perfect skirt

Posh dijo...

Such a cool outfit, I see it really suits you!

mice dijo...

you have really gorgeous outfits! ^^

http://placeforthemoment.blogspot.com

Anónimo dijo...

Love the skirt!

Xx.

http://klarabellaa.blogspot.com

Anónimo dijo...

Such a gorgeous outfit..the floral skirt is so pretty x

Diana dijo...

you and pat are adorable! :D

ana dijo...

your outfit is great!!!! you have a great blog :) I will follow you :)

www.blogdljr.blogspot.com

TheMinx dijo...

i love your hair! And those colors are wonderful on you.

Emily dijo...

That was such a great Luella collection! I loved the "nerdy: sort of styling they did, leave it to Luella Bartley to make the uncool cool. Love the way you wore that skirt!

Velo dijo...

love ur skirt and ur boots!
ur style is very fabulous!

QUEENSWARDROBE dijo...

i respect your style^^
the fashion is an infinity.
have fun.
www.queenswardrobe.com

Patricia Ann dijo...

Every time I see a tiered floral skirt, my mind ALWAYS drifts back to that Leulla collection with the nerd glasses and Mickey Mouse shirt.

I really like that business man bag you're carrying, or should I say the one sitting on the floor. :P You always seem to know how to coordinate colours whether it be something in your closet or a wall. I want to turn that wall into a dress.

I was listening to Franz Ferdinand this weekend before my friends and I got together at the apartment. Ulysses for some reason always gets me dancing more than I do rocking out to it.

I was looking for surveys to do to the point I was Googling for it. It's so bad, what some of the surveys are putting out there. I'm going to go and see if I have 10 random things to write about myself because even though you were able to write to 9, I'll probably make it to 3 max 5 of interesting things about me. :/ Which just sucks...

Okay, so I've been a big loser and have stuck myself in the house. But I will send your stuff this week because I actually have errands I have to attend to now. Sorry for taking so long! I hope you haven't been thinking about it. :/

Patricia Ann dijo...

Holy crap, that was a long message.

Stain On My Red Shoes dijo...

great look, Sol! i am loving it. i notice from all the photos you posted, that you can rock just about any style. be it a boyish look or cute look with mini skirt. but one thing for certain, you always add some edge to all outfits you donned.

Unknown dijo...

Cute skirt! I really like your belt too.

chicshock dijo...

you're really pretty .

the skirt is great, i have one kinda like it from h&m

Tereza Š. dijo...

love your outfit..the cardigan has so pretty color...and I think I´m gonna do this tag game :D

Dominique dijo...

You look great here!

Dominique dijo...

You look great here!