lunes, 2 de marzo de 2009

In with the old.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Time flies! It's crazy that we're welcoming March already. I don't know about you, but March for me it's pretty much when the year really starts. School starts on March, summer's over in March, my birthday is a month away in March (ha!)... 

You know when you buy clothes and you end up not wearing them as much as you thought you would? And vice-versa? Well, i love that some of the pieces of my closet surprised me. Like this dress... i've had it for like three or four years, and i've no idea why i ended up buying it, but it turned out to be one of my favorite summer dresses. It's nothing spectacular though: simple lines, linen-like fabric (so it wrinkles easily), ordinary neckline, but yeah... it's cute, right? :)


PS. Happy March & happy week!


Unknown dress; vintage belt; Gap sandalsForever 21 necklace; random bracelet/necklace.


>>> Just wanted to let everyone know that the blog's url has been changed to http://beautystandard.blogspot.com/.


----------


Es genial cuando ciertas cosas que comprás te sorprenden. ¿Cuántas veces compraste algo que pensaste que ibas a usar todo el tiempo y terminaste usándolo dos o tres veces? O al revés... Este vestido es un ejemplo de eso. A mi mamá le hicieron un regalo que no le gustaba. Después de haber ido al local a ver por qué podía cambiarlo, se indignó porque nada le gustaba. Entonces me ofreció cambiarlo por algo para mi. Igual que ella, estuve casi una hora y media dando vueltas por el local, mirando las mismas cosas una y otra vez... hasta que poco convencida decidí irme con este vestido. 


----------


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I wanted to thank Gloria at Bambles & Rambles who gave me my first blog award!


I'm gonna nominate:


- Fashion Chalet

- HoneyBunny in Wonderland

- Fashion Bananas

- MilkChildren

- electric feel

- Doll Bot

- Dear Lord...The Cheese

- Ediot

- Trisch Express

- Couture Carrie


The Rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which you think are fabulous.

3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

35 comentarios:

Diana dijo...

I love the simplicity of this but you make it your own. lovely shots!

Couture Carrie dijo...

That dress is simply beautiful, and I love all your accessories!

Sol - do you mean "Beauty Standards" with a D? Just wanted to let you know that you may have a typo. Just ignore me if it's intentional; love your blog and just trying to help :)

xoxox,
CC

Couture Carrie dijo...

Oh, thank goodness you are not offended! Yes, I think you can change the name pretty easily if you want? Your blog is fabulous either way!

xoxox,
CC

HoneyBunny dijo...

This dress is absolutely gorgeous! as is the whole outfit..you look stunning darling:*

Maria dijo...

Me encanta el vestido. *

filthy lust dijo...

nice and simple, love the bracelets.

The Style Of Vintage dijo...

nice! love ure dress!

PrincessImp. dijo...

Came here for a better look...your white dress is so summery, but the jewellery, your hair, the sandals..everything works together to bring it to another level!

Emz dijo...

I love your outfit its so spring and the sandals <3. it looks so warm where u are!! It's still snowing even though its march!

Anónimo dijo...

I love how you belted that--very carrie bradshaw-esque :-)

. dijo...

i loveeee the dress! it looks so soft! is it? ooh wait i can't remember which is your original url. there's too many links! :] remind me. thank you.

Abbey dijo...

Thankyou!
i will link you too ;D xox

Elizabeth dijo...

i love that dress
so simple yet i love it so much as well!
ahh your so lucky its summer there
i want summer so much
:(
i love all the jewelry too btw!

Anónimo dijo...

thanks for the comment - i've put you in my links under your new url.

Jessica dijo...

You are so pretty !
And i love what your wearing.
I would love to trade links with you :)

FASHION CHALET dijo...

Me too, I wanted to fill it out (in Influence) for fun. Luckily, Nina reached me first! =]

Changed the blog link URL, thanks for the heads up, bella. Loving the summer casual on you! <3

xx

Delmy dijo...

OKay I just added you! You look lovely. I love your accessories

Unknown dijo...

got the new link girl.

well i love march,
here in the Philippines, march is the end of school and start of summer. March is also my bday. soon. hihi.

i love that white dress you're wearing. so cute!

katherine lou dijo...

all of your photos are just simply amazing !

hanna dijo...

Effortlessly chic!!

Brigadeiro dijo...

Mi encanta su blog! Gracias por su comentario en mi blog! I was in Buenos Aires only 2 months ago! Oh, how I loved it! Especially San Telmo!

xx
CC

Belowen dijo...

The dress is lovely on you, and I adore how you've accessorised! I'm pretty much the same colour as the material, so no way would it ever look as good on me, lol!

I'll update your URL on my bloglist now ;)

Merily dijo...

I love this dress!
oh, and thank you for your nice words :)

HoneyBunny dijo...

Thanks for letting me know! I had to change it on my blogroll;))

electric feel dijo...

the bracelet's and necklace are amazing!!!
your're such a beauty.

Unknown dijo...

Wow I love that great white dress on you. And all the jewelery is awesome too.

xoxo
Stephanie
www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

Daniela Valdez dijo...

I love all your accesories!!!

Couture Carrie dijo...

Thank you sooooo much, darling! I am honored :)

And I am adding you to my Fellow Fashionistas blogroll right now!

xoxox,
CC

electric feel dijo...

oh thanks at first i kinda didn't ntice it!
poor me!!!but i'm felling very honored!

FASHION CHALET dijo...

Congratulations and thank you!!! for thinking of me =]

xx

Carmen Porcel dijo...

You did a great change, is a really nice dress!
xoxo

VanessasRunway dijo...

I totally agree with you about March &&& congrats on your award!

Trendy Gourmandise dijo...

sweet dress

Electric Atlantis dijo...

seeing you wearing spring clothes makes me jealous ! aaah i miss the sun <3
xx

nicole dijo...

love the accessories, such a great outfit!